Marketing & Campaigns Manager
Job no: 499747
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: USA - Oakland, California
Categories: Marketing & Communications
World Nomads is an international travel insurance company and lifestyle brand for independent travelers. As the name implies, we’re obsessed with travel and insatiably curious about the world. Since 2002, our passionate team of global citizens, customer advocates and creative storytellers has been protecting, connecting and inspiring our travel community.
Our flexible travel insurance products cover nomads from over 130 countries – and enable our travelers to give back through micro-donations when then buy with us. However, we want to be a part of the entire travel journey, which is why we offer travel storytelling scholarships, language phrasebooks, and tons of multi-media travel content to help inspire, educate and prepare our community for their adventures.
If you’re looking for a role that’s fun, challenging and definitely not boring, then come join us - we can’t wait to hear your story.
The role of Marketing & Campaigns Manager will see you work with Head of Americas Head of Marketing, Marketing & Campaign Managers in other offices and other key stakeholders around the creation and implementation of marketing plans to increase brand awareness, grow leads and drive marketing insights. This role works to initiate effective marketing activities online and offline, and to translate business goals into successful marketing campaigns through:
- Project management - You will project manage the execution of all global marketing initiatives, events and research from strategy to post analysis including email, social media, advertising and research activities. You will create, implement and maintain marketing plans, owning the marketing campaign budget, target identification and marketing project objectives and deliverables.
- Campaign development & execution - You will work collaboratively with our global team and external partners to deliver best practice marketing programs that drive brand awareness, new leads and engagement and retention. You will ensure target audiences for all campaigns are clearly identified and campaigns run in accordance with local laws and regulations, in addition to agreed timeframes. You will continually monitor global travel and lifestyle industry trends and insights, and optimise spend and performance based on this information. You will pitch to and negotiate with partners on promotional tactics, contract terms and deliverables. You will track, measure and report on campaign performance using Excel, GA and other data analysis tools.
- Brand & marketing communications – You will develop and manage all copywriting associated with brand, product and email campaigns to ensure copy is on-brand, compliant and follows best practices and regional nuances. You will also execute and manage at minimum two regional sales email campaigns per year with a focus on converting email recipients to travel insurance sales.
- You are a well-rounded marketer– with experience executing effective marketing campaigns through digital advertising, email, social media and partnership channels
- You are tenacious - you are relentless in communicating and collaborating with peers and in meeting/pitching and spitballing with colleagues and brands outside our organization
- You are not afraid to experiment – Continually innovating the processes and testing, and evaluating potential new marketing tactics and audiences
- You are analytical – you use data from internal sources, google analytics and past campaigns to develop awareness, engagement and conversion activities
- You are meticulous – Ensuring all campaigns are well planned, delivered to the highest standards, and conducted with careful oversight from conception to reporting
- You understand budgets – and know how to drive for return on investment and value for spend on marketing activities
- You are a thought leader – who enjoys sharing your knowledge and keeping across the latest trends and insights of the travel and marketing landscapes
Submit your resume and cover letter telling us a little more about you and a story about your travels.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend