Sales Development Representative
Job no: 496990
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: USA - Oakland, California
Categories: Business Development, Sales
WorldNomads.com is a company that is transforming the way people think about travel insurance. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are in the business of travel insurance, but we pride ourselves on being very unconventional. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experiences and enabling people to travel and explore the world with confidence.
We are a part of the World Nomads Group of brands and a subsidiary of nib, one of Australia's fastest growing health insurers, and a leading online travel insurance business. As we develop markets globally, we are looking to build teams with high concentrations of talent.
An opportunity exists for a Sales Development Representative to drive top line growth through market development and the cultivation of existing affiliate partner channels of travel insurance sales across the US/ Canadian region.
Located in Oakland, California and reporting directly to the Head of Americas, the focus of this role is a split between new business development, account management and market & sales intelligence which will see you play a significant part in shaping the future of the business by;
- Developing a sales pipeline of new business through the analysis of target markets and identification of needs and opportunities
- Ongoing management and development of existing regional partners to further build commercial opportunities
- Account management and troubleshooting of accounts
- Attendance of tradeshows, expos and conferences to enhance presence in the market and generate sales qualified leads
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the travel and travel insurance market place and competitor activity in the region, along with global market knowledge
You are an experienced sales practitioner with a hunger to sell, equally balanced with an appreciation for Insurance products, along with a love of travel and how it changes people’s lives.
You will also need;
- Proven track record of 3-5 years’ sales experience in a B2B environment, ideally within the global travel and travel distribution technology industries
- Natural ability to build and manage relationships across all business levels
- Results oriented focus with a motivation driven by sales
- Technical skills required to be able to troubleshoot UX/UI challenges and opportunities, with an understanding of web based services
- Demonstrated administrative skills to effectively fulfil account management requirements
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter telling us a little more about you.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend